Monday, December 31, 2007

Last post of 2007

I am setting a goal of mine to at least blog three times per week (unless away from computer--vacation and none is available) so that makes over 150 posts--or more for 2008 !!

I have also started a family recipe blog because I have been at my sister's houses and wanted to make something and couldnt remember measurements in recipes. So this makes it easy to just walk over to the computer and tah dah there it is.

Once again I have no plans for New year's Eve... what a shock!!! I really want to change my outlook in 2008 . I have decided that from now on...if you piss me off you will know it.

Yesterday was day one of my new personality ( and no its not BITCHY ) !!

I wanted to order Mom a new phone since the one I got her for Christmas she didnt like since the caller Id was not very large and the screen did not light up when a new call came in. Yes, it displayed the name and number but had no back light. So I went online and researched and ended up at BESTBUY.COM . They have this new shopping thing where you buy the item. You get two emails ( first is they received your order and second is your item is ready to be picked up will arrive in 45 minutes unless you order when the store is closed and order will be ready the next day ) and then you take the print outs to the customer service area, wait in line, show them the print out, your id, and credit card if you dont get your item handed to you within 1 minute.... you get $10 off your order.

So I place my order at 4pm ( they are open till 8pm on Sunday), get 1st email right away, OK....now I wait...and wait... and guess what I wait !!!

At 5:15 I call the 1 800 number and ask what is up with this... He says... that is just an estimate of time it will be ready !!!! ( I guess they dont treat customers as nice as circuit city-- ready in 24 minutes or its free)

I cancel the order.. get cancel number over the phone and as I am talking to him I get the cancel email just never got the order is complete one !!!

I then get in the car...head to BestBuy which is less than 1/2 mile from the house. The parking lot looked like a zoo ( it is now 530 pm) OMG you would have thought it was the day after Thanksgiving in there. people are everywhere !!

I grab the phone..last one... a Mary J Blige CD and head to the check out line ( yes you read that right there is a line with at least 10 people ahead of me) So I wait the 10 minutes with a blaring TV about my head with surround sound.

Get to the register finally and , the kid says I have this phone and is chatting about the features and asking How are you ? " I could have been better if I actually got my second email to say this would be at customer service over 2 hours ago " he says " oh that thing never works" ..I go to sign my name and noticed the total..( $36) it should only be $27. I say the phone rang up wrong..and so he checks with the girl behind him on another register and she says she will have to go to customer service to get refund.

My exact words now " No Fing way am I standing in another line, call a manager over"

register girl : " managers cant do anything here..you will have to go over there"

me: " well, I am not waiting in line for a mistake that is in your computer !"

nice guy who rang me in : " I will fix this "

so all is well... and I spoke my mine...yes I should not have said FING but it just slipped , but point was taken and I left with my $6 something in my pocket !!

so moral of my story ...do not expect a online service to actually do as it says, speak your mind and maybe you will get things done properly, and lastly........ is there another thing???

No comments: