Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day ...what a day

OMG..what a day!

it started at 8:45 am when the phone rang it was B calling Gramma to wish her a Merry Christmas and then S's husband gets on the phone say Merry Christmas and then says
" we have a problem!"

S is sleeping she doesnt feel well and we might have to cancel Christmas! ( ok.. this wouldnt be a problem but yesterday she wanted to move Christmas till Wednesday because she was tired from cleaning and running around since husband is still out of work).

we will have to play it by ear... Mom says well call L she is at her inlaws to give her a heads up.

phone rings again 20 minutes later
" do you have L or her husband's cell phone number I cant find it" " Sorry about this, Judy" ( which wouldnt sound strange except he always since day one of them dating has NEVER called my mother Judy its always been MOM--her doesnt call his mother anything but her first name--I know strange but thats him) and then he tells her that S woke up this morning at 7:30 made tea waited for B to wake up saw Santa gifts, opened a few of their gifts Then she went to bed.

well that was it for my mother ,she was pissed. When he calls again looking for the number again...she tells him we have having Christmas for the kids even if I have to go get the gifts that at her house since she took all the gifts from Me and my parents last week to make it easier on Christmas morning and deliver them myself to L's house .

then S calls 20 minutes later ( this has been going on now for over 2 1/2 hours) ..I feel better since I took a 2 hour nap . Well dinner is back on but maybe we can move it back 1/2 hour ( that is really going to make a difference --30 minutes ??) . Mom asks is he pissed about not spending the day with his family...NO. did you two get in a fight this morning...NO. Mom is holding nothing back this morning.. but she justs says she doesnt feel that well.

Ok off we go in the car for that hour ride ...but Mom says she has had it ...this is it with them and how they treat her and Holidays. She makes no demands on them...but everyone uses us as thier excuses of why they dont spend time with the inlaws. If you didnt want to spend time together then say that . But the problem is that S's husband was pissed that he wasnt going to his family on Christmas and they probably had a big fight and she went to bed and told him " then call my family and cancel Christmas"

So we get there at 2pm and no one greets us at the door like usual. S is on the phone with someone ( we had to ask who...it was other sister stuck in traffic will be there in 10 minutes) , I had to carry in the rest of the gifts by myself.

THEN.... it hits my mother and me.... she is not sick she is dressed, hair is completely done, makeup on, jewelry, the works!!!!!!

I then go in the kitchen to make the Macaroni and cheese ( I was always going to do it) and next thing I know..I am doing the whole dinner, Ham, potatoes, veggies the whole dinner!!! She is too busy snapping photos, eating cheese/crackers and socializing .

Thank goodness for my Candy cane drink ( which pissed off S since L's husband had to run to the store for ice and ask for the blender) I need it !!!!! When he was out getting ice ,S's husband took the ride also..and was going on and on about how he is missing dinner at his Mommys house!!! wah wah wah !!!!

So dinner is ready at 3:15 ...and who is the first person at the buffet line??

Yup... you guessed it ..S !!!! ( I thought you were sick and throwing up last night!! and you didnt feel good??)

Then she is popping cookies all day in her mouth along with brownies, and cake !

BUT the kicker was the phone call.....

at 5:40 the phone rings.. S's husband gets it ---and this is the one sided phone call I hear from the kitchen as I am cleaning up and loading the dishwasher and rinsing pots.

Hello..
No, I dont think we are going to make it...
I have a house full of people..
no, I am serious they are all still here...
yeah, I know ,me too!..
Love you too...
Bye...



OK.. time to go !! L ask for her and the kids coats since they were already packing the car when the phone rings ..he says what they are downstairs...L's comment " do you think you could go get them??"

he brings up everyones!! I took this as a hint..time to go!!

we were in the car and on the MassPike as of 5:50

Merry Christmas to ME !!!!!

PS.. the kids had a ball.. they got tons of gifts and had a fashion show with all the new clothes and was laughing and eating fabulous mac and cheese all day !! They couldnt get enough food --- which says alot since they never eat on Holidays .

I guess if we didnt have to deal with those 3 1/2 hours this morning and the last 10 minutes it was a great, relaxing Christmas since the kids had no crying fits over gifts, we had only two melt downs with the little ones since they didnt like where they were sitting for dinner, and there was no traffic and weather was clear and 40ish. I just ignored S's husband all day !! It wasnt really any different then any other day !

No comments: