Monday, September 15, 2008

CRAP.... how much is this going to cost me ?

I was driving home on a Sunny Saturday morning , I take the right onto Gilmore bridge right after the Museum of Science get in the left hand lane and go over the small hill and BAM . I now see the two state trooper cars on the right with a radar gun in ones hand and the other trooper walking into my lane to pull me over.

Before he could even get in my lane and motion me over I look over at the car next to me, smirk and just put on my signal to motion that I know I was caught.

As everyone else prays to the might speed trap GOD that it wasnt them ..I am now saying softly " Oh crap!" how much is this going to cost me?" with my heart racing but I am trying to be calm .
I turn the radio down and hit the button to lower the window.

State Trooper(ST): License and registration !
Me: without even saying a word..go into my purse pull out my license and reach into the glove compartment and get my registration "here"
ST: now walking to the front of my car ... walks past me to go look at the back of my car all the time looking at my license .. he walks back to my window "oh, so you are one of the lucky ones with one license plate"
Me: "I guess"
ST: "Is there anything wrong with this license?"
Me: "no"
ST: " so, there is nothing wrong with this license?"
me: "no"
ST: "nothing wrong with this license ?? " ...as he keeps looking at me and then back at the license
Me: " well , I don't like the picture of me!!"
ST: laughs and smirks.." no I meant, any outstanding warrants, parking tickets, speeding tickets?'
Me: "NOPE... you are MY FIRST !!"
ST: smiles and smirks again at me
ST: "do you drive over this bridge often?"
Me: "yes..well not every day..when I have to head into Boston maybe every weekend or so"
ST: "do you know the speed limit on this bridge?"
Me: " no, not really !"
ST: " OK, I will be right back .. stay here"

he now goes back to the trooper car as every person riding by is giving me weird looks just like I usually do as I ride by people who are pulled over especially if there is two state cars ... must be something big !!

I now shut off my car and throw the keys on my dashboard and shut off the radio( it was only turned down before) and am now freaking out on how much my ticket is going to be? How fast was I going? what is the speed limit? How am I going to pay for this?

I am looking out the rear view mirror and he is still in his car talking to the other trooper outside the car. After what seemed like forever but really only 2 minutes he walks back to my drivers side window with the radar gun in his hand.

ST: "Where are you headed?"
Me: " home ".....as I point over the bridge
ST: " no..where are you going now?" like I dont understand what he said the first time
Me: "HOME ?!"
....It now comes to to my brain that he thinks I am coming home from a late night partying or booty call at 10:00 am on a Saturday morning.
Me: " oh, I have been at the skating rink since 7:00 this morning "..point toward the river where the rink is
ST: " well you look nice then !!"
..thinking to myself OK thanks for the compliment but how much is this ticket going to be?( FYI I have on a black tank top and jeans--and no my boobs were not showing!)
ST: "OK (insert name), drive slow on your way home this morning "..as he hands me back my license and registration
Me: ..... thinking am I getting a warning instead of a ticket? "OK"
ST: "by the way you were doing 42 in a 30!"
Me: " REALLY?!!"
ST: " Yup, the speed limit is 30 miles an hour"
ME: " REALLY!!".... thinking to myself .." you learn something new everyday!!!"
ST: " OK..( with another smile) have a good day"

I GOT NO TICKET AND NO WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wasn't being rude to the State Trooper ..I just couldn't image that this road would be 30 MPH when small side streets in town are 35 MPH with houses on either side but this road is 30MPH and no its not a bridge over water or anything it more like a connector road between two small highways in Boston.

Well, Now I am no longer a State Trooper Virgin !! I have hit a Boston Cop before but that was almost 10 years ago ... hey, you try to feel me up in a crowd and I will call you out!!!!

"Always looked your best , no matter the time "

No comments: