Monday, May 5, 2008

it was all over the board ...

Well, I went to the fundraiser on Sunday at neiman marcus. It was over all over the board on what people were wearing. Some people came in jeans..some in sneakers... some dressed in coats that costs over $1,000 and then there was me!

I wore what I wore to Martha Stewart show in February. The weather was cold, around the 50s, rainy, and dark and dreary. I had on daisy fuentas black pants that are very long and look very expensive ( $8) and a short sleeve Burgundy turtleneck ( $6) from Kohls and a necklace that I got at a Christmas Party from the host ( story for another day ) , and my fake diamond stud earrings.

I would have to say that it doesnt matter what you spent on your outfits, the people in Neimans were trying to get me to buy this $5,000 necklace that I just loved. The models were always compliments me on the outfits I was looking at and everyone was very nice. I really dont think they were trying to butter me up to buy something...cuz they were not doing it to other people including the one in the very expensive raincoat.

I guess the girl who grew up thinking people will only treat you with respect if you buy them things and have the most expensive things with labels and logos ..has learned a very important lesson ---too bad its only took me till my mid 30s to do it !!!!

Some of the people who came to the event had on: sweatshirts with dogs on it, red sneakers, jeans I would wear around my house, hair that needed combed, and the list goes on and on.

The food was soooo good! I had three glasses of champagne, fruit kabobs, yogurt granola with fruit, salad in a cheese crisp, potato pancakes, egg sandwiches, bacon and cheese quiche, and small cupcakes ( with OMG so good ..butter cream icing !!)

No comments: