Saturday, March 22, 2008

The day BEFORE...


well, it the day before Easter and as usual its a Holiday and all hell will break loose tomorrow.
Its already started with what to buy -- where to buy it----- and the kicker ..well I will just buy it for you . Then today it hit the limit for me when ....

There was suppose to be some dolls on clearance at target for $4ish and b really likes them so I told my sister S about them. Next day she tells Mom about them and that maybe she could get one for B for Easter. But it has to be a certain one cuz thats what S demands. !!!!! I go shopping and hit 3 different Ts. They have the doll but its not the ones on sale. So I dont buy it. today Mom gets a phone call that she bought the doll for $15 and Mom can give her a check tomorrow for it. Then B gets on the phone and says she wants it NOW !!! I just feel that she has made b into every holiday is about what you get and how much did you spend on me.

B actually last month while shopping wanted me to buy her a DVD and I said no since I just bought her one the week before. She then counts the DVDs in the store and says " they only have 10, you need to buy it for me before they run out !!!" " what if I dont get one...you will need to hunt one done for me!" what the hell????
I didnt buy it and she gets on the phone with her other grandmother the nxt day and says that I wouldnt buy it for her so could you? and of course, she did!!! and another DVD just because I wanted you to have it ??!

I didnt buy any of the girls anything for Easter..I just couldnt bring myself to .

Then S calls tonight and puts B on the phone that we need to buy something from B for a fundraiser...its like there is one every three weeks. she wants to bring it for dinner tomorrow and make a big thing out of it. And then R and S gets on the phone to say you buy it every year its this much so just bring a check to dinner. Thats fine but there will be three girls at dinner tomorrow and we can not afford to buy something every three weeks. This year alone it was wrapping paper, cookies, Avon, and now art work .

I have to get up in the morning and make fried chicken, pack the car, and then drive in traffic to a lovely dinner that I will probably be sitting in the kitchen with the three kids...I still am at the KIDS TABLE !!! I have sat at this table for the past three holidays -- just cuz I am not married doesnt make me the designated aunt to sit at the kids table. But if J/A parents sit there J wouldnt have a good dinner--- she would get yelled at throughout the whole thing!!

I guess my life will never change unless I make changes ...I just want a food network/HGTV/Martha holiday where people put thought and time into the holidays and nice fancy glasses and dishes are used, cloth tablecloths are pressed, decorations are used, and once just once someone would greet me with a special appetizer and drink instead of looking at me carrying all the dinner into the house from MY CAR !! ( without any HELP) ---and of course dont even start if I show up before the scheduled time even if it is 3 minutes early !

No comments: