Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving week

I think I love the rush of planning, finding recipes, cooking, baking for the holiday more than the actually holiday and spending time with family. I see my family alot!!!

But, what is more important to me..... "WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR ?"

This is such a fun, exciting part of the holiday . I am not sure why ...maybe its the fact that within the last 5 years we take some type of picture to capture the day .

It could be what we do prior to dinner ( apple turkeys, etc..) .... or desserts that we have eaten.... or just a family picture of the girls together.

So far I have baked two desserts..pound cake and the "famous sugar cookies". ( maybe there will be a post in the future on these) .

Now back to what to wear--- I think I am going to wear my new print dress with tights and boots. BUT believe me it all depends on the weather and traffic. Do I want to drive in heels? and scratch the back of them while I slam on the brakes on what will be a normal day 25 minute ride that will probably take 1 hour. And one thanksgiving it took me over 3 hours. I traveled less than 1 mile in 90 minutes during thanksgiving traffic around noontime . ( not a good sign when you have to pee and no where to stop since every place is closed for the holiday !!!!!)

My brother-in-law like to wear shorts for the holiday. I think its his annual tradition to see how long it takes my mother to comment on them. The other brother in law sulks that he is not spending it with his family ( blah blah blah--get over it OK!!!)

I only wish is that I had a huge place to entertain my family....it would be my ideal dream to have a kitchen with a huge island, two ovens, huge dining room with a table for 12 - huge buffet side board, and a ..... what a dream this would be !!!!!!



A girl can dream ..right ???!!!

No comments: