Sunday, January 11, 2009

SNOWING ..again

Oh How I love this time of the year getting dressed and putting on cashmere sweaters, tall black boots, tights, wool coat, leather gloves but no this isnt what I went to the closet to put on today...

it was those ugly black heavy boots ( keeps toes warm they say, not always !), turtleneck, sweatshirt, jeans, wool socks, pink ski jacket, heavy weatherproof gloves, scarf tied around neck (but not in that pretty french way with the wrap and tie) , earmuffs, hat, and sometimes those snow pants for climbing in those snow drifts just to get to the car door.

I am lucky, sometimes, when my neighbor takes pity on me and snowblows the sidewalk...but because the ass always parks on my side of the street near the driveway ---I end up having to shovel the street after I clean out my driveway because the plow only does the middle of the street. It isnt pretty !!!

Here in the Boston area people sometimes place out summer lawn chairs, trash cans, cones , crates, and whatever else you can find in the basement that you dont mind losing---just to save your shoveled out parking spot. Thank God I have a driveway and I dont have to put up with that crap because it isnt something that you would wanna see when you drive down a street is crap between snow piles, but I guess it is better that fights and broken glass from broken car windshields if someone took your parking spot that you spent hours cleaning out !!

It is going to be a cold week... highs in the 20s and that is afternoon temperature ! So we will have to see if fashion or warmth wins out this week ??!!

No comments: