Monday, November 12, 2007

363 more days

My birthday was this Saturday and it was just as I expected....Boring and uneventful.

What did I expect...that my family would go out of its way to celebrate? I have learned since my 18th birthday that No one cares that its my birthday and if you don't have high expectations that you will not feel let down.

This theory has worked until this year . I go out of my way to celebrate other people's birthdays ( family and friends) , make cupcakes , make dinner , go shopping , decorate for the party, buy gifts, wrap them beautifully, call them with happiness wishes and then proceed to chat with them , make a day or possible week out of celebrating the big day .

Well, Saturday I decided I was not going to sit and wait for plans...cause I knew they would never happen. I went to the mall...where noone knows my name. ( the total opposite of the Cheers song) Every phone call that happened was like I was an inconvenience! The most anyone could give me was a 2 minute phone call while their life and plans continued. No one wanted to spend the day with me !

The only invite I got for my big day was to spend the day going to a place I do not like.... to watch Christmas lights with my sister's family...I was a tag a long. ( because it was a free event and you had to attend for work ?!!!!!) , and then on Monday - to dinner to a place I do not like since you have to attend for work... Well thats from one family member what about the others?

the other sister... decided to sent her kids to her BIL's for the night. why would I mind? This from her BIL who never sees or spends any time with his nieces. This would be the first sleepover ever--- the oldest is 9 !!

I love my nieces... but there is sometimes when you wanna celebrate like an adult and I guess it will never happen. I thought maybe this would be the year . Guess again !

It has nothing to do with gifts.... all I ask is if you plan on calling...do not brag about how busy your day is (on MY BIRTHDAY) and how you just have a few minutes to say Happy Birthday --and proceed to leave on my machine

" where could you be on your birthday.... I am calling to wish you a happy birthday ...and how dear you not answer my call !"

Happy Birthday to me..... only 363 more days to celebrate again!

No comments: