Friday, November 16, 2007

PROFESSIONAL ????

I have always loved taking photos. I think it started in high school when I was going through old photos and it always seemed to bring a smile to my face. I loved the black and white pictures from my family's weddings, holidays, and traditions.

I wanted to bring that same smiles to future generations to come.

But would I ever think someone would think my photos were professional?

I think I take good portraits since I connect with my subjects and OK scenic shots.

But sometimes my sister ,S, wants to take this job since she always has a camera and wanted to be the family photographer.( she has had her photos published in newspapers and magazines she has written for...... to accompany the articles)

My sister ,L, called and said that J's skating director of the club wanted to know my prices and what my schedule looked like during the holidays. She loved my pictures that I take during the skating competitions of J and A and their friends and thought I was a professional photographer!!!!

I would love to take photos of all the girls and some group shots...but now is the pressure that they should be wonderful!! I told her I would think about it and get back to them after Thanksgiving.

I am not sure I would charge them any money...But L said I should charge her a flat rate for my time for editing the photos and time and gas to the rink?

I could be a professional photographer !!! ( well, maybe?)

No comments: